Hydrocarbon reservoirs discrimination with fiber optics.
Help geoscientists discriminate between oil, gas and water in order to evaluate the capacity and efficiency of a downhole well.
- high temperatures > 300 °C
- high pressures > 1000 bars
- corrosive and abrasive environments: gas, oil, mud, sand, rocks
- hostile atmosphere: steam, harsh chemicals and hydrogen ingression
SEDI-ATI offers a specialized geophysical optical fiber assembly involving a sapphire fiber sensor, a high-temperature coupler, a custom hermetic fiber optic feedthrough, and silica fibers. The assembly is protected by a strong, abrasion-chemical-heat resistant polymer.
Advantages of the SEDI-ATI solution
- no need to extract mud for analysis
- real-time detection and differentiation between oil, gas and water fluids
Hydrocarbon reservoirs discrimination with fiber optic assemblies
SEDI-ATI offers specialized geophysical fiber optic assemblies that allow to efficiently discriminate in real-time between oil, water and gas in downhole wells, regardless the reservoir properties.