SEDI-ATI Fibres Optiques is a French company specialized in the design and manufacturing of custom made passive optical fiber components dedicated to extreme environments.
SEDI-ATI core product lines include highly achromatic multimode couplers, multimode wavelength division multiplexers for sensing applications, pressure & vacuum hermetically sealed fiber optic feedthroughs, and bundles & arrays.
A long-term expertise going far beyond harsh environments
Since 1951 we deal with extremely low and high temperatures, with extreme pressures from ultra-high-vacuum to hyperbare, and with radiative, corrosive and abrasive environments.
· Extreme temperatures from -273°C to +1000°C
· Extreme pressures from ultra-high vacuum (down to 10-10) to hyperbare (5000 bars for detonics)
· Radiative environments (radiations up to 100 MGray, solarization down to 200 nm...)
· Corrosive and abrasive environments (gas, oil, sand, rocks, ground...)
· Liquids (humidity, water, condensation...)
· Mechanical stress (chocs, vibrations, accelerations, stretching, bending...)
· Medical (normative, biocompatibility, sterilization, CE marking...)
· Many others...
The challenge is to find the best recipe to ensure the optical fiber component will handle such extreme constraints. Our strength at SEDI-ATI is to know how to choose the right fiber together with the right materials, coatings, buffers and special ingredients in order to achieve both highly performing, reliable and resistant assemblies.
SEDI-ATI fiber-based components are widely used in extreme environments
We address complex applications for the military&aerospace market, as well as for the energy, laser industry, datacommunications, research, and medical markets. Our fiber assemblies are used in hazardous applications in the oil&gas industry for instance, as well as in nuclear plants, in electric utilities, in the marine, and in several other fields. The applications of our components are as diverse as opto-pyrotechnics, oil well downhole pressure sensors, endovenous catheters, or high-power lasers that can cut and weld steel.
Our broad product offering is mostly made upon customers’ requests. Our main product lines include:
· highly achromatic multimode couplers
· multimode wavelength division multiplexers for sensing applications
· pressure and vacuum hermetically sealed feedthroughs
· fiber assemblies for spectrometry and sensors
· untwisted fiber spools for ROV
· specific patchcords, cables & connectors
· medical probes, fiber needles and light diffusers
A production based on proprietary processes
In our facilities we make thin-film deposition directly along the fiber or on the fiber tip: metallization and dichroic & AR coatings.
We master fiat, curved, angled, lateral and conical fiber end face polishing and shaping. These technics allow to achieve particular functions and to improve the efficiency of the components.
Quality driven projects
SEDI-ATI is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and can propose CE marking for sterilized medical devices.
Click here for more details on SEDI-ATI quality policy.
SEDI Fibres Optiques, established in 1972, and its sister company ATI Optique, established in 1951, have decided to merge their activities in 2012 becoming one of the major players for the design and manufacturing of specialty fiber products under the name of SEDI-ATI Fibres Optiques.
In July 2016 the company J-F VINCHANT HOLDING STRATEGY (JFV@HS), chaired by Jean-François VINCHANT, accompanied by IDF Capital, acquired SEDI-ATI Fibres Optiques. An acquisition which not only pursue what was built by the founders but also aim to boost a new dynamic on optical fiber components market mainly those for harsh environments and medical applications with a stronger focus on export.
SEDI-ATI Fibres Optiques designs, develops and manufactures fiber optics based components to offer its customers the best suited solutions for their needs and constraints.
SEDI-ATI is a specialist of harsh and extreme environment applications.
Management values are essential not only for customers and partners but for employees as well.
These values are based on the following principles:
· Maintain trustful relationships with partners to offer optimal solutions and technical advice
· Maintain flexibility and agility for proven responsiveness.
· Maintain the highest level of quality of products and solutions delivered.
This can be achieved through:
· A cohesive team focused on company, personnel and partners satisfaction
· Promote responsibility and leadership at all levels
· Make decisions at the right level of responsibility
The Leadership Team
Jean-François Vinchant, President & CEO
S.A.S. au Capital de 1.265.828 euros
SIRET : 722 043 775 00047
NAF : 2670 Z
Identification TVA : FR87 722 043 775