Initially developed for telecommunications optical fibers are each year moving toward new applications due to their unique capability of being at the same time a sensor and a transmission element.
The main difficulty is often the environment in which they have to be installed.
SEDI-ATI Fibres Optiques is an important contributor to the development of new fiber optic applications and our products are used in a large number of markets including:
- Military and aerospace (Army, Navy, Aeronautic, Space)
- Industry (Robotics, Power lasers, Sensors, Railway)
- Energy (Sustainable energies, Power distribution, Nuclear, Oil & gas)
- Data Communications (Security, Monitoring, Components)
- Research (Particule physics, Biology, Astronomy)
- Medical (Laser surgery treatment, Endovenous laser therapy, Photodynamic therapy, Diagnosis & analysis)