Optical measurement of the water level in nuclear reactor pools.
Give real-time information on the water level in the nuclear reactor pool, and ensure that the critical threshold is never exceeded for safety reasons.
In normal nuclear operation, the solution must be resistant to:
- thermal ageing at high environmental temperature for at least 60 years
- nuclear (gamma and beta) radiation
In case of nuclear incident, the solution must be resistant to:
- nuclear radiation up to 1MGy
- high pressure up to 6 bars during 15 minutes
- hot temperatures > 170 °C during 15 days
- 100 % hygrometry over 15 days
- chemical agents splashes such as boric acid
- oil aggressiveness
- electrical fault
- fire propagation
We offer nuclearized fiber-optic sensors to measure the water level of reactor pools by a time-of-flight technic.
Advantages of the SEDI-ATI solution
- high precision
- passive solution (no piezoelectric material)
- radiation hardness of the fiber optic sensor and cable
- immunity to electromagnetic effects
- simple implementation and maintenance
Optical measurement of the water level in nuclear reactor pools
SEDI-ATI offers nuclearized fiber-optic sensors that perform optical time-of-flight measurement of the water level of nuclear reactor pools.