SEDI-ATI Fibres Optiques is a French company specialising in the design and custom manufacture of fiber optic-based passive components for use in complex, customised and extreme environments.
- Highly achromatic multimode couplers with high directivity and for broad band applications,
- Multimode wavelength division multiplexers for sensing applications and opto-pyrotechnics,
- Miniature lightweight fiber-optic links and connectors with zero outgassing materials,
- Fiber-optic hermetic feedthroughs for vacuum, pressure and detonics applications,
- Bundles and arrays for a wide range of spectroscopy applications, especially at very high temperatures,
- Special patchcords dedicated to radiation, vacuum, cryogenics, high-voltage, power, high-temperature…,
- Deployable fiber-optic spools to drive unmanned vehicles on land, at sea, or in the air,
- Fiber optic medical probes for endovenous treatment,
SEDI-ATI works with every optical fiber provider and can supply any type of optical fibers to manufacture its components.
- Singlemode: low wavelength, polarisation maintaining
- Multimode: gradient index, step index
- Fields of application: UV-VIS-IR from 180 nm to 14 µm
- Materials: silica/silica (doped, ultra pure…), silica/polymer (HCS hard-clad silica), sapphire, fluoride glass (fluorozirconate, fluoroaluminate, …), chalcogenides glass (CIR), silver halide (PIR), hollow fiber, plastic (standard and scintillant)…
- Coatings: acrylate, nylon, ETFE, polyimide, metal (aluminium, copper, gold)…
- Fiber core type: circular, square, rectangular, octagonal
- Extreme environments: solarisation resistant, rad-hard, biocompatibility, extreme temperatures (from -273 °C to +1000 °C)…
We have a permanent stock of more than a hundred references of various optical fibers, and we have developed a strong expertise enabling us to choose the most appropriate optical fibers matching our customer’s applications.
The company SEDI-ATI Fibres Optiques is the result of the merger in 2012 of ATI Optique, established in 1951, and its sister company SEDI Fibres Optiques, established in 1972. In July 2016 J-F Vinchant Holding Strategy (JFV@HS), chaired by Jean-François VINCHANT, accompanied by IDF Capital, acquired SEDI-ATI Fibres Optiques. This acquisition not only pursues what was built by the founders but also aims at boosting a new dynamic in the optical fiber components market, especially for extreme environments and for medical applications, with a stronger focus on exportation. Seven years later, SEDI-ATI welcomes Yotta Capital Partners as a new investment fund and new major shareholder. A new holding company is born: FIBER OPTICS GROUP. This operation is part of our objective to ensure French sovereignty and independence. It also goes hand in hand with our desire to grow externally and meet the challenges of decarbonization.
ATI Optique was founded by Louis Malavieille.
- “Alliance Technique Industrielle”
- R&D and manufacturing
SEDI Fibres Optiques
SEDI Fibres Optiques was co-founded by Patrice and François-Louis Malavieille.
- “Société Européenne de Distribution Industrielle”
- marketing and sales
SEDI-ATI Fibres Optiques
ATI Optique and SEDI Fibres Optiques merged their activities.
A new corporate website
A rejuvenated visual identity
While retaining the fundamentals of the brand – name and colors, the logo construction lightens up to sign the beginning of a new phase.
New investment fund
SEDI-ATI Fibres Optiques is now owned by FIBER OPTICS GROUP, a new holding company composed of J-F Vinchant Holding Strategy (chaired by Jean-François Vinchant) and Yotta Capital Partners.
Major areas of focus
- extreme environments
- Listening to our partners: customers, suppliers, employees, institutions, …
- Benevolence towards them
- Satisfaction of our partners
- Teamwork for a close collaboration with our partners
- Loyal and faithful relationship
- Passion for technological and societal issues
- Innovation at the heart of our projects
- Surpassing ourselves to push our limits
- Living up to our challenges
- Culture of quality and results
- High level of expertise
- Increase in skills
- A socially responsible company
- Integrity of our behavior
- Sovereignty and French independence
These values are based on the following principles:
- Maintain trustful relationships with partners to offer optimal solutions and technical advice.
- Maintain flexibility and agility for proven responsiveness.
- Maintain the highest level of quality of products and solutions delivered.
This can be achieved through:
- A cohesive team focused on company, personnel, and partners satisfaction.
- Promote responsibility and leadership at all levels.
- Make decisions at the right level of responsibility.
- Human Resources
- Management Committee
- Purchasing manager