SEDI-ATI has designed rugged avionic fiber-optic cables that meet the aeronautic constraints. Indeed, in aircraft, there are space and weight restrictions.
- Fiber type: singlemode or multimode GI 50/125 µm, GI 62.5/125µm or launch fiber LCH 105 µm,
- Type of tubing / buffer: Peek from 900 µm to 1.7 mm, or 1 mm flexible stainless-steel tubing,
- Structure: tight or loose tube,
- Connectors: FCXtreme® or NanoXtreme® or contacts ELIO, LUXCIS…,
- Sealing fiber / connector: epoxy or glass-soldering,
In order to meet the aeronautics requirement, we have chosen very low outgassing and lightweight materials. And we have selected special cable materials that increase the fiber movement under compression.
Therefore, our fiber optic cables can endure high-intensity vibration and mechanical shocks without degradation or optical loss. Furthermore, we have improved the termination with compliant aerospace connector systems.
We propose two avionic fiber optic cables for aeronautics and space applications:
- LCH105 fiber in a 1 mm stainless-steel flexible tubing, maximum length of 2.5 m, with FC high-reliability connectors
- LCH105 fiber in purple cable 1.8 mm with Kevlar braids and equipped with FC high-reliability connectors
Check out our outstanding optical connectors qualified for aerospace and space-flight applications!