Injecting high optical power into a fiber is quite tough. That is why SEDI-ATI has designed a broad range of power fiber optic cables.
- Fiber type: singlemode or multimode GI 50/125 µm, GI 62.5/125µm or LCH 105 µm,
- Sheath/tube type: Peek from 900 µm to 1.7 mm, or flexible stainless steel 1 mm,
- Structure: tight or loose tube,
- Connectors: FCXtreme® or NanoXtreme® or ELIO, LUXCIS… contacts,
- Fiber/connector seal: epoxy or spraying,
Therefore, we offer appropriate power fiber optic cables with patch cords and connectors designed for high-power delivery applications:
- High-power connectors, large core all silica fibers,
- High-power laser delivery assembly,
- Copper materials used to improve thermal dissipation,
- Epoxy free in the injection area,
- Large free space around the fiber (more than 2 mm),
- Fibers cleaved (100 μm up to 1000 μm),
- AR coating option,
Indeed, a poor alignment, a poor focus, or a bad spot quality can quickly destroy the optical fiber or its connector. Consequently, standard connectors and assemblies are not appropriate for such applications.